Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Lorac Pro Palette Review + Swatches


Lorac Pro Palette

Lorac Pro Palette ($42) is an eyeshadow palette that I've been wanting to add to my collection for some time now and haven't taken the plunge for until recently. Yes I know I'm very behind on this palette but better late than never right? Still I figured another review wouldn't hurt. So here it goes..


This palette contains (16) .02oz (total .32oz) neutral eyeshadows, 8 matte and 8 shimmer shades as well as a mini sized Behind the Scenes Eyeshadow Primer. From neutral to more dramatic looks, it is the perfect palette to own when you need to have variety packed into one product. All the shadows have great pigmentation and are buttery smooth. A few of the shades, in particular the matte shades can be a bit chalky but not too bad where there is a lot of fallout like other matte shadows. They can be applied wet or dry, especially the shimmer shadows which look beautiful on the lid.

PACKAGING
The sleek thin design of the Lorac Pro Palette is perfect for traveling. The black case is made of a sturdy cardboard that has a rubberized texture and a magnetic flip top. It also comes with a full length mirror which is great for those who rely on using the mirrors in palettes. I personally never do. The amount of product in these shadows is a bit small at .02oz each, compared to the size of a MAC shadow at .05oz.

I like the look and feel of the rubberized case but am not a fan of how dirty it gets. I like my palettes to be easy to maintain.

SWATCHES
(Top left to right) White, Cream, Taupe Lt. Pink, Mauve, Sable, Espresso, Black (Bottom left to right) Nude, Champagne, Gold, Lt. Bronze, Pewter, Garnet, Deep Purple, Slate


White is a cool-toned white matte. It can come off a bit chalky so I like to use this in the inner eye to create a halo effect instead of applying it to the browbone.

Cream is a light warm beige matte shadow. I need to pack more shadow on to get good color payoff. I suggest trying a nude base under this shadow.

Taupe is a warm medium brown with a matte finish. It has good color pigmentation. It's a great crease color or use it on the lid for light brown smokey eye.

Lt. Pink is a cool pale pink matte shadow with good pigment but can be powdery when applied.

Mauve is a true pale purple matte shadow with pink undertones. It applies smoothly and is a great color to blend out other colors. I like to use it to blend out the harsh lines of a black smokey eye.

Sable is a warm medium dark brown matte shadow with great pigmentation that applies smoothly to the skin. I love to use this shade to darken the crease and on the lower lashline to smoke out black liner.

Espresso is a dark cool matte brown with good color payoff. It looks great used on the outer v for a smokey eye.

Black is a dark black-grey matte shade with good color payoff. Though it is black, it isn't the deepest black out in the market and it can be a bit patchy. Pat on this shadow instead of sweeping it on to prevent patchy streaks.

Nude is a frosted beige and applies very buttery.

Champagne is a frosted pink-champagne shadow and applies smoothly.

Gold is a copper colored shadow with a frost finish. It has a metallic look when applied to the skin. It is also buttery and has rich color payoff.

Lt. Bronze is my favorite color from this palette. It is a warm peachy shadow with a frosted finish. It is smooth and pigmented. I like to use this shade on my lid or as an inner corner highlight. It provides just a subtle highlight to any look.

Pewter is a light frosted brown shadow. It goes on soft and creamy.

Garnet is a dark rich red copper shade with a metallic finish. It has great pigmentation and is such a gorgeous lid color.

Deep Purple is a shimmery satin dark purple. It is more of a black purple and contains fine micro shimmers. It goes on smoothly and is very pigmented.

Slate is a dark grey with a blue undertone. It applies buttery and has a rich pigmentation. It reminds me of gunmetal from the Urban Decay Naked Palette.
 


THE RUNDOWN
The Lorac Pro Palette is a great product to own or have in your pro kit for its quality, versatility and practicality. I think that is what you really are paying for since the amount of product in the palette isn't much compared to other palettes. For instance, the Urban Decay Naked Palette offers (12) shadows at .05oz each (total .60z) at around the same price. You are getting half the product with the Lorac Pro Palette.

Having the different matte and shimmer shadows all in one palette is a pro especially with the effortless application they offer.

Check out some of the looks I created using the Lorac Pro Palette.. and don't forget to follow me on Instagram (ShugaandSpice1) for more details and makeup inspiration!




Availability: Nordstrom / Ulta / Lorac
Price: $42

2 comments:

  1. My husband got this palette for me recently and I absolutely love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have managed to get this as well.....after trying many website and got it this week. Check out my haul at www.isutave.com
    xoxo isutave

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post <3 Leave a comment or question & don't forget to follow! Please no spamming!