Friday, June 15, 2012

Neutrogena Healthy Defense Moisturizer - SPF 50



I've never really thought twice when choosing a moisturizer for my face. Ponds facial moisturizer was always a staple in my skincare routine mainly because I was able to get a 10 oz tub for around $8 and that was my main concern then. Now that I've been having issues with my skin, it's a different story. After seeing a dermatologist for the first time, other than prescribing me medication for my face, she recommended I use Neutrogena's Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer.

Description: (neutrogena.com)
Healthy Defense® Daily Moisturizer SPF 50 provides superior protection from skin aging effects of the sun while hydrating your skin all day.This innovative formula contains Helioplex®, the sunscreen complex that helps block the harmful UVB-burning rays and UVA-aging rays which can cause premature lines and wrinkles. This daily moisturizer has an exclusive anti-oxidant blend with pure Vitamin E, which helps prevent environmental damage. Lightweight, non-greasy, it's powerful protection and hydration you can rely on all day, every day.
  • Non-greasy
  • Lightweight
  • Contains Helioplex®
  • SPF 50

What is Helioplex?
A groundbreaking technology that offers balanced, broad-spectrum protection against both sunburn causing UVB rays and UVA rays that accelerate the signs of aging. Its strong defense helps stop skin aging rays from penetrating through surface layers for exceptional deep cellular protection.

This moisturizer also comes in SPF 30 but the higher the SPF the better right?! If you don't like moisturizers that smell like sunscreen then this isn't the moisturizer for you. I personally don't mind it. This lightweight formula leaves me feeling hydrated throughout the day without that greasy feeling that sunscreen normally has.

Squeeze Top Opening

Another thing I never thought twice about was protecting my face from the sun's everyday rays. I was one of those kids who loved being in the sun and would cry if someone tried to pull me away. I guess that's why I have so many freckles and sun spots. As I got older and learned the harm that the sun causes our skin, I try to protect it (especially when it comes to  my face) from the sun on a regular basis. 

The benefit of this moisturizer is its high SPF number, knocking out 2 birds with one stone. So many beauty enthusiasts are a bit skeptical about high SPF moisturizers because it can make you look ghostly in flash photography. I can't necessarily say it won't make certain people look whiter in pictures but in my experience I haven't had an issue with it.

Texture of moisturizer 
Semi-blended swatch
Fully blended swatch

You can find the Neutrogena Healthy Defense Moisturizer at your local pharmacy where it retails at $15 for a (1.7oz) bottle. That being said, a little does go a long way with this moisturizer. I've had mine for about 4 months now and still have yet to finish it. If you're a BJs member, check your BJs where they sell 2 in a pack for $16.99. Bjs also frequently puts out a BJs coupon for $5 off, making it $11.99 for the dual pack. I recommend getting picking it up there since you can get 2 for less than the price of 1.





WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOISTURIZER? 
DO YOU USE SPF?

3 comments:

  1. Glad to join your beauty blog and follow you! Would you like to follow me back?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup!! i sure do!!! I only wish I did when I was younger...earned too many freckles from my tanning years!!

    Rosalyn
    www.just2fancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading. Will surely going to share this URL with my friends. moisturizer with SPF

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post <3 Leave a comment or question & don't forget to follow! Please no spamming!