Thursday, March 24, 2011

First Things First..

I've been going back and forth on what my first post should be about. So many thoughts and ideas that I've already got set in my mind to post about but I think maybe I should just start with the basics for now...

Ever since seeing A&E's show "Extreme Couponing," I've been all about trying to save some cash, where possible. My new frugal ways have led me to great deals on things I already buy on the regular; makeup, nail cosmetics, hair care, hair color, toiletries, personal hygiene products, and even shoes.. Don't get me wrong, I haven't become an extremist at couponing (not that there's anything wrong with that).. but I have been acquiring quite a nice collection of products that I might have wanted but not bought while regularly priced. BUT, I've paid way less for many items than I would have paid for just a few full priced items.

Pharmacies are great deal makers nowadays. So I'll begin there..

1. Enroll in the savings programs which issue you cards that you will scan at the register before buying. You will have to be registered for these programs in order to receive deals/rewards that the store is offering. You can find these deals in the store weekly circulars.
2. Every week stores have different deals on certain products. You can obtain the weekly   circulars by just going to the store's online site. To obtain future weekly circulars there are blogs that offer them and will show you what offers are good for that week. You can find these blogs under my FOLLOWING tab. There will be rewards for certain items.
  • Scenario: CVS has Colgate toothpaste for $3.89 and it will generate $3.00 in Extra Care Bucks that you can use on any other purchase at CVS (except for cigarettes/liquor/etc.). Meaning after ECBs it's like paying $.89 for the toothpaste.
  • Rite Aid reward generators are known as +UP rewards.. for both Rite Aid and CVS these rewards will print at the end of your receipt, so make sure you cut them off and keep them for the next purchase!
3. COUPONS! These little pieces of paper can save you some of your hard earned bucks! You know those bags that always end up at the front of your door? Look through them! You'll find circulars for that upcoming week as well as manufacturer (mfr) coupons. You can also find mfr coupons on sites such as Redplum.comSmartsource.comCoupons.com. Clip them!! (Well, at least the ones for things you usually use) You can use these coupons per item unless noted otherwise. Pharmacies and some supermarkets accept printed coupons. With store deals, rewards and manufacturer coupons, you can score some great items for pocket change or even FREE!

So here's a scenario from one of my recent purchases:

  • Revitalens Multipurpose Solution was on sale at CVS for $7.89 from $10.49 and generated $4 ECBs. I used a mfr coupon for $3 off and then $4 ECBs that I already received from a previous purchase. Paid out of pocket= $.89
  • Neutrogena Makeup Remover Towelettes were $7.99. I used $4 ECBs + $3 ECBs from a previous purchase. Paid $1.70 including tax.
  • Instead of paying $19.19, I paid $2.59!! ACTUALLY, I made a profit of $1.41.. Let's not forget the $4 ECBs I earned from buying the contact solution.
Happy Couponing!! If you have any questions regarding using coupons, feel free to ask me. I'll try my best to answer as soon as possible.. Stay tuned to see how I paid $1.04 for a hot pair of Zigi Soho pumps at DSW!!




    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post <3 Leave a comment or question & don't forget to follow! Please no spamming!