|Reverse French Manicure- NYC Minute Quick Dry (Times Square)|
1. Pick a base color for your half moon section. Here, I used NYC Minute Quick Dry Polish (Times Square). A fast drying polish is probably your best option because you will need to wait until your base coat is completely dry to continue onto the next step. If you have the time and patience, then go ahead and use any polish you'd like.
*NOTE: make sure you evenly apply the color near the cuticle, you can pretty much disregard the rest of the nail since you will be applying another polish over it.*
|Base (half moon) Color: NYC Minute Quick Dry (Times Square)|
2. Once your base color has completely dried, take some page self adhesive hole reinforcements (you know the ones you would use for your looseleaf papers for school?!). I cut the reinforcements down the middle to get more use of them.
|Reinforcements, use a scissor to cut straight down the middle.|
3. Apply one sticker to each nail making sure the round side is facing down from the cuticle towards the end of your nail. Ensure the sticker is placed on securely to prevent the polish from bleeding onto the base color.
|Reinforcement stickers applied onto base color.|
4. Apply your desired top coat color to the rest of your nails from the round part of the sticker until the end of your nail. I chose to use a dark grey polish, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear (Grey Area). Depending on the type of polish you have chosen, you might want to apply a second coat after the first has dried. In my case, I only applied 1 coat because this polish was thicker than the NYC polish.
|Top Coat Color: Sally Hasen Xtreme Wear (Grey Area)|
5. Once the top coat color has completely dried you can go ahead and clean up any unwanted edges (if you have any) with a q-tip or small brush dipped in acetone. Then remove the stickers slowly from 1 side only (you can use a tweezer, to not mess up your nails). If done correctly, you should have gotten a nice crisp moon shape on your nails, known as the "Reverse French Manicure!"
*NOTE: don'y forget to apply a topcoat to your mani.. you don't want your fab nails to get ruined! I used Sally Hansen Diamond Strength (Flawless).
6. Wear your nails out with a fab outfit and be prepared to be complimented and qestioned on how to get the look! I was approached by 3 different women about my nails while waiting for my yummy ice cream at Cold Stone ;)
Sidenote: I think this mani would be nice for this generation's prom go-ers. It is prom season!
|In hand from Left: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear (Grey Area) & NYC Minute Dry (Times Square)|
|Getting ready for a workout- realized my mani matched my sneakers.. hehe|
What do you think of this mani? What colors will you choose?
Leave a comment below. <3