Friday, April 29, 2011

COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Lip Color: Review + Swatches + Photos

I've been in love with COVERGIRL's Lip Perfection Lip Colors for a bit now. I was organizing my makeup collection and realized I hardly own lipsticks and instead have so many lipglosses. Slowly, I've been picking up these lipsticks at Rite Aid. I'm waiting until next week to look at more colors since Rite Aid will be having a 40% off sale on COVERGIRL cosmetics.

I only own 6 of the vast array of shades that this collection has to offer and am really liking the color payoff. I would get all the shades if I could... hehe.

COVERGIRL says:
  • Bright, gorgeous color that can transform your day and your lips.
  • Enriched with a silk moisturizing complex.
  • Formula helps sustain moisture levels and helps create soft, smooth, beautiful lips in just 7 days.
  • Beautiful rich color.
I say:
  • Application does go on smoothly, no dragging and leaves lips moisturized but I don't think that it has made my lips softer throughout the week.
  • Color payoff is nice. Highly pigmented colors that go on evenly.
  • Color preview on end of tubes is nice and are very close to lipstick color.
  • I like the gunmetal finish and square tubing, looks very modern.
  • Nice vanilla-like scent.
  • Lightweight packaging.
  • Love that there is 44 different shades to choose from (all split into categories: Browns, Lilacs/Mauves/Burgundies, Nudes/Corals/Reds, and Pinks/Roses) Everyone should be able to find the right shade.
  • Some are a cream finish and others are frosty.

Bottom to Top: Embrace -- Eternal -- Rapture
Tube Color Previews Left to Right: Embrace -- Eternal -- Rapture
Embrace 335 (intense warm purple - cream finish)

Eternal 350 (intense bright pink - cream finish)

Rapture 280 (warm neutral coral - frosty finish)

Bottom to Top: Smitten -- Darling -- Hypnotic

Left to Right: Smitten -- Darling -- Hypnotic

Smitten 310 (warm dark mauve - cream finish)

Darling 395 (warm neutral pink - cream finish)

Hypnotic 220 (warm orange/brown - frost finish)
I swatched the lip colors on my arm so you can see the contrast on skin tone. To achieve skin tones hues you might want to use a lip erase cream that will cancel out the natural hue of your lips. I have seen that Mac carries a lip erase.

Swatches w/ Flash L to R: Embrace - Eternal - Rapture - Smitten - Darling - Hypnotic
Swatches w/o Flash L to R: Embrace - Eternal - Rapture - Smitten - Darling - Hypnotic
Will you pick up any of CG lip colors? Which one is your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. Embrace, Eternal and Hypnotic may be next for me :) Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh I want smitten and darling. TY for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post <3 Leave a comment or question & don't forget to follow! Please no spamming!