Sunday, August 28, 2011

New Toy: Nikon D5100 DSLR [[Pic heavy]]

I finally got a chance to sit down and start this blog. I've been hurricane-proofing my house all day. I can't believe this is actually happening, never experienced a hurricane and it hasn't hit yet and I've already had enough! The office in my basement always begins flooding when there is a regular rainstorm and it's been raining pretty heavy so far and has managed to flood pretty bad. 6 full buckets later, hands that feel like they're blistering, knots in my back, and a bad wrist - I finally got it looking like it's just been mopped. I'm scared of what's going to happen when the hurricane really does hit. I hope there is no real damage anywhere. GOD if you're reading this, pleaseeeeee help everyone out and make this all go away.. pretty please?

To take my mind off of this mayhem, I'm going to post about my new toy :) I got a DSLR for my birthday earlier this month and I loveee it! It's the Nikon D5100. I've never owned or used a DSLR camera before and am not a professional photographer who is educated in using these types of cameras but I've been learning little by little.

Nikon D5100 & 18-55mm VR lens (Flash closed)
I'm not going to bore you with all the specs, here's a overview from Nikon:

"The Nikon D5100 and its included AF-S 18-55mm VR lens offer a host of new photographic and video tools including a 16.2 MP DX-format CMOS sensor, 4 fps continuous shooting and breathtaking Full 1080p HD Movies with full time autofocus."


Here are a few pics of the camera itself. (Pardon the not so crisp pics - I took them with my Canon point & shoot digital camera)

Close up of setting dial
Back view (Swivel screen closed)
Back view (Swivel screen open)
Back view (Swivel screen open at an angle)
Nikon D5100 (Flash open)
Want to see actual pics taken with my Nikon D5100? Of course you do! :)

Selective Color Setting
Bamboo plant.. I like how it came out
Food Setting

Selective Color Setting


Color Sketch Setting
My Enzo Angiolini magenta pumps
High Key Setting
Macro Setting
Light switch
Taken through window
Love that I can take great shots from my window
Low Key Setting
Selective Color Setting
Brother's messy room.. smh
Food Setting
Platano
Food Setting
Making tostones.. yum!
Color Sketch Setting
Love the Mets!
Macro Setting
Conch shell I dove for in TCI :)
Color Sketch Setting
My blogging headquarters
 That's it for now my lovely readers! I'm going to charge my laptop just in case. Hope you all enjoyed my photos. If you have nay tips or feedback please feel free to leave your comments down below. I love reading everyone's thoughts :)

My East Coasters - please be safe! Everyone else, please pray for us. Good night to you all. There won't be any sleeping on my side "/







2 comments:

  1. congrats on your Nikon! an SLR really is different than a usual point and click huh!? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun! Hell yeahhhh! LOL I love my new cam.. now I just gotta learn how to take great pics like u :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post <3 Leave a comment or question & don't forget to follow! Please no spamming!